Sunday, June 26, 2005

Conquered Pg Hill

The day started with a wake up call by Tevan at 5.40 am. Argh, how my body refused to be awaken and I dragged myself outta the bed. I had so much fear of climbing cos I am afraid I jsut cant make it to the top.

Well, Tevan came around 6.10 am and we went for a drink at Kayu. After having some bananas for breakfast, we went back to my apartment for Rowena to pick us up. We picked up Percey on the way and he looked different. Mayb he has aged a little or was it just the hair. Had some catching up and we started our hike at Moon Gate. The reason it's called Moon Gate cos there was an arch there which looks like a moon..Hahhaa..Farnee...

The four of us walked up so many stairs and phew, it was managable because of the constant BJ hill hike. After about 45 minutes, we reached Number 5. The place is nice and I've always wanted to come to this site. Me n Rowena always hiked youth PArk until number 3 only. Well, we then walked through more jungley trails and got some fantastic views. The haze was really bad and we couldnt see much. After another hour of hike, we stopped at another pit stop called number 84. Phew..There was this tar road that leads to Pg hill...

The tar road was the worst for me cos I really hate to hike up tar road and it was very steep. The extimated time to reach PG hill from here is about 1 and half hour with our speed. Just slow and easy kind. Thank God Tevan gave a push when I felt like my leg cant carry me anymore. The sight of old bungalows was our only consolation to stop and take a breather.

The last few steps up to the Police Station of Pg hill was one of the hardest. Argh the joy of reaching is fantastic. Hehehe, we all sat and had a drink. Rested a while and continue to the Canopy Walk. The walk in took us another 30-40 mins. It was thrilling and scary at the same time as I am afraid of heights.

WE took another breather and enjoyed the beautiful colonial bungalows and Uncle PErcey showed us the bungalow where his father passed away 21 years ago. It was not as scary as it sounds...the bungalow just looks run down.

The hike down was tiring as well, the tar road was so steep and well my legs doesnt seem to brake well...hehehhe....well it was a long way back...and we took about 3 hours to hike up and slightly less than 3 hours to come down. Can hardly feel my legs anymore...

Oh yeah, remember the guy who got lost in Youth Park and died after 3 days. We heard more stories from the caretaker of 84 pit stop...hmmm.....lazy wanna share here...hehehe..

Well, after 7 hrs and 45 mins we went for our lunch in BAngkok Road for mee goreng and I cant wait to go home and sleep. Took a shower and fell asleep. I was not surprised to feel all the ache when I was awake. Went over to Tevan's place to watch Top 10 English songs on Astro where his band performed. Richard and Kanan came to watch together as well..

WE then went for a drink and had our dinner...Slept at 12.30...Took activfed...hehehe....sleepy

No comments: