Friday, July 02, 2004

I surprised Myself

I skipped my 8 a.m class today because I’m super lazy to wake up. I went to the library at 10 a.m. Well, for those of you who know me, I only visit the library once in a blue moon. Just wanted to kill some time before the 11 a.m lecture. I was browsing for some books but couldn’t find what I was looking for. Then, decided to tread the new territory of the 3rd floor of Library 1. Guess what I found, many computer science books and Photoshop caught my attention. There were many selections of books and USM is famous with its library. Just realized it today. I ended up borrowing 3 big heavy books and I surprised myself because I hardly use my card.

The walkways around library area were packed with societies and clubs’ booth to recruit and attract people. Scuba diving caught my attention but when I saw the fees I decided to drop the brochure and walked to my class for Cinematography lecture. Sat with some juniors and befriended them. We were supposed to watch Forrest Gump today but Dr. Mahyuddin still was no where in sight. A classmate sms-ed him and he called back saying he thought the class is later in the afternoon. He asked us to wait as he was rushing to get here. The class welcomed the panting lecturer with a loud applause when he walked into the classroom. He was embarrassed and apologized for coming late.

The lights were dimmed and the movie starts. Someone shouted, “Eh, no popcorn ar?” The class again burst into laughters while Dr.Mayhuddin warned us not to fall asleep during the screening. There, Tom Hanks looking so innocently cute as always. In my class, we are supposed to analyze the movies and if my lecturer finds out I’m giving this kind of comments he will fail me for sure. We are supposed to analyze the script, editing, and other abstractive stuff. We are not supposed to drool our saliva over the hero or heroine of a movie. We didn’t manage to finish the movie but we will continue next week. Potong steam only. So, we are to hand in an analytical review of Forrest Gump.

Rushed for Creative Writing and have to walk up hill for 10 mins before climbing three floors of stairs to reach my class. I forgot to bring my file and just sat there pretending to pay attention when my phone kept vibrating in my pocket. Class finished on time and there I go again rushing for my Lighting class. We learnt the different kinds of lights in theater and we get to dismantle a spot light. Quite cool.

After class, my friends waited for me to go for Trunch (Lunch + Tea). We went to Kayu to eat. The magi goreng was disastrous and we had to ask the waiter to change. No more appetite after that. Cheryl and I went for Sign Language practice after dropping the rest of our friends at their respective resident.

I surprised myself by opening the books I’ve borrowed this morning and actually reading it. I do hope my sudden “Rajin-ness” will be maintained till I finish this semester at least. I am super tired now but will read a few pages of Andre Bazin (A French Film Critic) before retiring. Yes, indeed it scares the hell out of me to see me so hardworking.



No comments: