Friday, June 12, 2009

Gynae visit

Hubby and I have been trying for a baby for nearly a year. (You would have realized if you read the previous posts) We have been believing that Jesus will bless us with a son when the time is right.

I do not have regular period since I was young hence the ability to conceive frustrates me in the beginning when we just got married. I was super paranoid and will stock up on Pregnancy test kit of various brand and shapes when all the results are negative..Only one line instead of the double line which I have very much anticipated. Well after many months of no news, I gave up.

Yesterday I went to the gynae after my period came 2 weeks once for 3 times in a row. I was shocked and decided to visit Dr.Liu, the renounce gynae in Melaka. The wait was terrible even though I went on weekday. Half way through, Dr.Liu had someone on the verge of delivery and he ran over to the Pantai hospital.

I was glad after 1.5 hours of wait, my turn came. Told Dr.Liu my predicament and he asked me to lye down for him to scan. Wow, the first time I look into my system. My womb size was measured about 7cm which is normal and both ovaries looks fine.

Hubby thought I couldn't see the screen and he didn't understood a word that came out of Dr.Liu's mouth, Ovaries, tubes, lining of the uterus wall seems like a foreign language to him. He was worried that he will need to explain to me what the doc said. Much to his relief, I ask the doc a few questions regarding what I saw on the screen..My layer of fats is like 2-3cm THICK. That's FAt man..
:)

Anyway, Dr.Liu said my condition is called Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding. I google it up and he said its common among women. He prescribed Norcolut for me to take for 21 days. (some form of contraceptive) After that, I should be able to have normal period cycle and he ask me to take Clostilbegyt on my DAy 2 of period. He said I should be able to be pregnant in 3-6 months time. If not hubby must be checked to see whether is he shooting blanks..:)


I am happy to know that there is nothing wrong with me. It's merely hormone imbalance. I went to the doc after 1 year of trying and now, I'm trusting Jesus as He is the best doc. I believe there is no coincident for me to go for check up.

No comments: