Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Dying Trades

Today marks the 3rd day of my internship in Intact Communications, a magazine publishing house in Penang. My MA does not require me to do industrial training. Being the so called Responsible Malaysia youth who shouldnt be 'lepaking' around and to spend my semester break 'wisely',here I am as an intern to write for the magazine. Initially, I wanted to do design but it was not advisable as I do not have any design background.

Well, my first assignment was to write on Thai massage. My supervisor,aka ex housemates,Cheryl has edited my piece for more than 3 times already. Hahaha, for a beginner I dont think I did that bad la..

Something happened to a friend recently and I am quite upset about it. I hope he manages to get out of the depression.

Went out for interviews and in search of the dying trade of Penang. Managed to interview the traditional songkok maker. The traditional goldsmith and latern maker wanted me to come back next week.

My job here is getting exciting. Hahaha, at least I do not dread to come to work so much..

Been some time since I last blog...Just realised my title was Finding the Writer in me. Hopefully, by the end of this training, I will be able to write better...

:)

No comments: