Friday, July 03, 2009

What kinda person are you?

Are you a YESTERDAY person? A Today Person or Tomorrow person?

  • The YESTERDAY person lives for yesterday
  • The TODAY person lives for today
  • The TOMORROW person lives for tomorrow
Well, I used to be a yesterday person and always dwell on what happened in the past.
As I ponder at this point in my life, I realised I am more of a tomorrow person as I
often look forward to what's anticipating me for tomorrow.

Often, each of us have a little bit of this and little bit of that or a mixture. I would say I am 60% Tomorrow and 30 % yesterday and 10% today. We are called to live for TODAY.

Psalm 118:24This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

This verse is not foreign to many and even the kids in my Children Church knows it. But how many of us truly comprehend this verse. Indeed our days are written on the palm of our Heavenly Father's hands. The Lord has made TODAY just for me. And everything that JESUS made is GOOD!!!!!!..... Read Genesis Chapter 1. Everything that God created is good..

So, let's start rejoicing and be glad for a new day. Instead of dreading to go to work, dreading to meet that client or finish that assignment, REJOICE for the LORD has blessed us with 24 hours a day.

It's a reminder for me to live for TODAY. If I dwell on Yesterday,I will be stuck in history and not look forward to run the race, If I look for TOMORROW, I will miss what Today has to offer. Often, the people around us are not cherished, appreciated or acknowledge as we often do not see what is in front of us at the very moment.

You and I should live for today. Jesus said not to worry about tomorrow. Jesus wants us to live one day at a time trusting Him and Him alone. Jesus says that our tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Every new day is a gift from Jesus to us. We must choose to put the past behind whenever morning breaks.


Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word

Sweet the rain’s new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where His feet pass

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God’s recreation of the new day

(by Eleanor Farjeon)

No comments: