Tuesday, June 29, 2004

A walk in the rain

It has been raining for the past few days. Since my two years plus stay in the Pearl of Orient Island, I’ve always enjoyed the raining season. Besides the inconvenience of going for lectures and the flash floods in some areas of the city, and not forgetting the foreverness of clothes drying, I personally prefer the cold and wet season rather than the scorching hot weather.

I’ve just returned from the day’s lecture and most of my classmates didn’t turn up cos of the heavy downpour. For the rest of us, we were drenched because the umbrella couldn’t cover the heavy drops of rain. Nevertheless, the lecturer still turn up and we have to relearn what has been taught in Form 5 Physics. “Series Circuit and Parallel Circuit”. How I hated the subject and the lecturer confused my not-so-mathematical brain with the many formulas. As I looked around me after solving some Voltage and Power questions, some faces that I saw were even more lost and confused than I am. So I am not that bad all. 

After class, I walked along the School of Arts and noticed a fallen tree. I assumed that the storm last nite must has uprooted the big old tree. USM has always been well known with its beautiful landscape and it breaks my heart to see the helpless looking tree when some workers were chopping and removing the old wrinkled tree trunk.

Well, many may find the raining season inconvenient in many ways, but I am grateful for the rain as it helps to clear the haze and, it’s a good time to stay in door. A hot cup of tea in your hand while lying on your comfortable bed with a good book in hand. It’s also a good excuse to skip your next lecture.

No comments: